I’m the recipient of some pretty bad black Magic. For the past 5yrs, I’ve had scary things appear in my home. From hearing flapping birds in my kitchen, to having cold hands of dark shadows try to pull me out of my body. I’ve been living in fear for so long. I’m wondering what the rules are for the woman who has been terrorizing me? Why is she allowed to do this for so long? I know we have biblical rules to follow. What are the rules for such a person who practices black magic? And who refuses to leave me alone? This woman I speak of, is my mother in law. I cannot get away from her, as still married to her son. Any help will ease my mind that one day, she will stop.
The short answer, unfortunately, is - not really.
The longer answer depends quite a bit on what tradition one is a member of, if they are solitary/have an eclectic practice, and in truth either way there really aren’t a whole lot of set “RULES” or “LAWS” in terms of magical workings – or at least none that are universal to every single witch or magical practitioner. We wrote last year, on Magic: Energy and Cursing/Hexing and that might be worth a read, as it covers some of what you are asking about, at least in general terms.
For your situation specifically, and starting from a mundane (non-magical) perspective -
- What makes you think that your mother-in-law is out to get you, or is sending these sorts of things your way?
- Have you talked to your doctor to rule out the possibility of any medical condition that could be causing you to have auditory, or other physical type of hallucinations, anxiety, etc… which could potentially account for what you’ve been experiencing? (this is not meant to be offensive, or to dismiss in any way anything you have been going through – it’s a legit step in evaluating the situation, to determine if there really is something “magical” going on)
- Is there any potential for resolving whatever differences there are between you and your mother-in-law? Even if you weren’t the one originally in the wrong, for whatever started her anger, sometimes it’s a whole lot easier to be the bigger person and apologize just to stop the situation from continuing to escalate (though to be fair it seems like it’s already past that point, it’s still worth mentioning).
- Have you tried talking to your husband, to see if it’s something that he can help resolve, or at least get her to back off a bit?
- As a last resort (and obviously hubby would have to agree), but have you considered moving and ceasing contact with her. It’s harsh, but sometimes necessary to get the point across, when someone is acting in a way that is inappropriate.
Magically (as I mentioned to begin with) there aren’t necessarily any sort of set rules. Even within those traditions that do have particular moral/ethical tenets, often the caveat is that if one feels that an action is justified and is willing to accept the consequences, then any action can be taken. More so, outside of those paths, if someone is just out to be malicious, then they may not have any particular code that they hold to, and feel that they can do whatever they want to.
From an energetic perspective though, magic – particularly strong magic, often requires a lot of hard work. Sustaining that sort of thing over long periods of time, is usually pretty exhausting. Though if there is an anger component to it, then that would go a long way towards “fueling” some of it. Which goes back to some of the mundane suggestions I mentioned earlier, about looking for ways to resolve the underlying issues. Not only in terms of just setting things to right, but it would potentially affect the magical side of things as well.
Other than that, look for ways to cleanse and protect your own space in ways that are in concert with your own faith. Do a deep cleaning of all areas, maybe look for items that your mother-in-law has given as a gift, or “accidentally” left behind that could be helping to amplify, or manifest her magical workings. Assuming that you are Christian, since you spoke of the Bible, I would also suggest looking for scriptures that speak to protection – 2 Samuel 22:3-4 is a good one…
3. The God of my strength, in whom I trust;
My shield and the horn of my salvation,
My stronghold and my refuge;
My Savior, You save me from violence.
4. I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised;
So shall I be saved from my enemies.
Use it (or another of your choice) as a mantra, particularly when you are feeling that you are under attack. It can help to diffuse the situation.
One other piece of advice, when it comes to curses or malicious magic in general – the more time we spend dwelling on our fears, the more energy we are putting into that sort of thing. If your mother-in-law knows you are living in constant fear, it gives her confidence that her magic is working, and that much more incentive to keep doing it. If you can find a way to show her that you are not afraid of her, or (at the very least) that what she is doing isn’t affecting you, it may shift the “battle” your way, and cause her to eventually give up.
Most bullies like to feed on the negative reactions that they get from others, when we stop giving them the “food” that they like, they have to go elsewhere for nourishment.